We do love kids and kids love coming to see Dr. Mitchell and Dr. Ronconi!
Though we can enhance a smile at any age, there is an optimal time period to begin treatment. Beginning treatment early ensures the greatest result and the least amount of time and expense. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that the initial orthodontic evaluation for your child should occur at the first sign of orthodontic problems or no later than age seven. At this early age, orthodontic treatment may not be necessary, but periodic examinations can anticipate the most advantageous time to begin treatment. These exams are conducted at no charge to you.
Whether your child has a dental problem now or just needs to be watched as permanent teeth erupt, Dr. Mitchell and Dr. Ronconi are happy to inform and advise you.
Some of the most direct results of interceptive treatment are:
• Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth
• Creating facial symmetry though influencing jaw growth
• Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
• Preserving space for unerupted teeth
• Reducing the need for tooth removal
• Reducing treatment time with braces
• Improving self-esteem though a more attractive smile
2017 JM Orthodontic Associates © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.